Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Michigan Ross to be considered

Hello everyone... so tonight I had my whole night planned out.  I was going to get home from work... work on Critical Reasoning... then work on an essay... then do some Quant problems.  Well true to form, whenever I plan out my night it doesn't go as planned - in a good way though!



So before I left work and was pinged by a friend who will be attending Ross this year.  Monday he will officially be considered a 1st year...at least by me.  I've spoken about him before... he's one of the people I met during my Yale visit in the train station.  No not Jonathan... Jonathan is in Spain right now on a Ross trek.  But anyway... I met this person back in what February?  We kept in touch since then and even though he too is in NYC, we were never able to coordinate a time to meet up.

He's back from vacation now and is packing up his life here in NYC to ship it to Ann Arbor.  Right before I left work we made plans to meet up for dinner.  If you've never been to Blue Ginger on 16th st, I suggest you go.  It was quite tasty.  He doesn't know that I'm writing this post about him but I'll alert him to it tomorrow.  I won't write anything incriminating though!

So we talked about everything about business school.  What really struck me was his excitement about Ross.  For me, one of the things that attracts me to a school is how the current students feel about it.  To see his excitement was contagious and makes me want to get out there sooner than later to visit Ross.  It just says a lot about a program when someone who hasn't even started classes yet, is beaming with love for the program already.  I told him that Ross was definitely on my list of schools to consider.  I don't know when I'll be able to get out there to visit though.

From what I hear their new building is very very technologically advanced.  I'd love to see/experience it!  I'm going to pick the brain of my new coworker who is a Ross MBA grad and see what she has to say about her experience.

I think I'm going to slow down my research activity so that I can focus on this exam.  Tonight I did some more CR and found myself over thinking things and talking myself out of the correct answers.  I would have had a higher hit rate had I not done that.  So tomorrow I will be cautious about it.  The reassuring thing - if you want to call it that - is that out of the answers I got incorrect 75% of them I had gotten down to 2 answers.  So I know how to eliminate answers it's just that lassst hump that I need to get better at identifying but I'm confident that if I stick to what Charles (my tutor) says then I believe I'll be good to go.  At this point it's about remaining consistent with my studying.

I'm still not taking any phone calls and let me tell you.... IT'S INCREDIBLY HELPFUL.  My facebook page is filled with "Hey... what's up with your phone?"  or when I sign onto AIM people say "Where have you been?" They're starting to realize how much this means to me.  I will probably go out one day this weekend because I need it.  Or maybe I'll tell myself that if I get 21/25 CR questions correct I can go out this weekend.  That'll be my reward.

I have a guest blogger lined up for my 10,000th visitor.  Right now I'm at 9,402 so it should be soon.  It's going to be a really good post I'm looking forward to it.

Two last things:
1.)  Did anyone see anything odd about the Yale SOM class profile?  ::tapping foot:: I'm waiting....
2.)  Since I'm going to be updating frequently, I'm going to always include links from my Google reader that I find interesting and helpful.  I didn't see anything that caught my eye today though.

I'm going to go re do some quant problems that I swear are incorrect :-)

T T T T Thats all folks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by