Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Kaplan: Destination Business School

Hello All,

So last night I said that I would be writing today about the Kaplan Event that's occurring this weekend here in NYC.  Thanks to Eric at BeatTheGMAT, I'm able to proudly represent BTG.  See - I even got this sweet BTG T-Shirt!

I see a BTG retailing opportunity ahead of us!  But... I will say that you can expect me to wear this T-Shirt when I take the GMAT the next time!  People are going to think I'm crazy, but that's alright because they already do!

So this weekend is the Kaplan Event.  Here is a rundown of the schedule:

Saturday August 7th
10:00 - 10:30 = Kick-Off
10:30 - 12:00 = Your B-School Blueprint - A complete overview of the admissions process
12:00 - 1:00   = Working Lunch
1:00   -  4:30  = MBA Fair
Evening -       = Happy Hour  ( must contain myself haha) 

Sunday August 8th
9:00  - 10:00 = Elevator Pitch Breakfast - Practice your pitch for your interviews, essays, and networking
10:30 - 12:00 = Mastering the GMAT: Scoring 700+ (I could probably give this presentation... do as I say not as I do, since I haven't scored 700+ YET)
12:30 - 1:30  = Lunch and Mock Business School Class
1:30 - 2:30 = Career Round Robin - Speak with MBA's in Consulting, Banking, Government, etc.
2:30 - 3:30 = Application Essay Clinic featuring mBaMission.
3:30 - 4:00 = Closing

So I'm excited for every single one of those sessions.  Of the schools that will be there, I'm interested in... well Tuck of course but you guys are tired of hearing about that one lol...  But I do need to add some more schools to the list.  I'm going to stake out UCLA Anderson, Cornell since I still have more questions, Michigan Ross, Darden, and Yale.  I have never spoken to anyone from Darden, so that will be interesting.  

Anyway I digress...  It's going to be a jam packed weekend.  Now for the good stuff.. In order to prepare for this event, an email went out to I'm assuming all attendees... We have homework folks!  

1.) We have to update our resumes and bring 10 copies.
2.) Practice our Pitch
  • Practice explaining in a minute or less, where you'd like to be in your career in five years and how you will get there.
  • Practice your pictch on 8-10 friends and note their reactions and questions.
3.) Make a list of target schools.
  • List 5-15 target b-schools (easy enough for me...)
  • Identify your top 4 factors that you value in a school. (again easy enough for me)
4.) Pack your business cards - 50 should be more than enough

And then there are two optional assignments, which I won't have time to get too before the event, but definitely after the event before I finalize my essays and have completed the GMAT... soo... September for that assignment.


So yeah... there is some preparation that needs to go into this event.  The title of the event kind of fits into  the summary of my blog... funny how things come full circle huh?  

Full circle will be great when I hopefully get into the school of my choice and it's the first night and I write my final official b-school journey blog post!  I've been imagining that day a lot lately... That will be a great story!  ::fingers crossed::  

Ok I must be going now so I can review the Quant problems that I got incorrect tonight.  Data Sufficiency is NOT fun by any means!  Well the Geometry DS problems are fun... but the number properties = death.

BATTLE-BAXTER = OUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by