Monday, January 10, 2011

ANOTHER ESSAY?!?! ::sigh::

Hola!  I had to take a break from business school life for a couple of days.  Last week was exhausting and I've been partying ever since, but it has now ceased!  Now I get to the part of this whole application process that I have not heard too much about.  I'm learning by watching my friends who applied during Round 1.  Thankfully I've built this network of folks around me because they have been incredible.  I'm not going to break up this post because I don't feel like it haha.  I'll just start from where I left off last week.

Wednesday - Submission Day

Thursday - My friend (the one who got into Chicago) was in the city for his NYU Interview.  So I met him and my other friend in the city for happy hour.  Both of whom I attended NYU's Discover stern with.  We had celebratory drinks for me being "done" and for him getting into both Columbia and Emory!  So happy for him!  We were in midtown Manhattan and were just catching up on this process itself.

One thing that stuck out in my head is that he said that his GMAT journey is not over yet.  One would think that after you get an acceptance that you're pretty much done, but nope not the case.  He has some conditional admits and since he and I pretty much have the same GMAT score, I'm ok with realizing that I may have to tackle the beast one more time.  It's actually the reason I didn't have a GMAT Book Burning night.  I knew this was a possibility.

When I compare his profile to mine there are so many similarities it's ironic.  Now I'm not foreshadowing in any way because he and I only have three schools that overlap, all of which have not given him a decision yet.  We shall see, but hey maybe there is something to this "hollistic" process!!  ::fingers crossed::

Friday - Just went to a party at a friends house.  It was actually a sleepover since I don't have a car, so there was liquor and laughing.  That's all I ever need!

Saturday - I had my party at Therapy in the city.  My party was my "Back to Life - Back to Reality" shindig.  Some guest list honorable mentions are:
- friend who I met at the Kaplan event back in the summer
- friend who I met at Reaching Out MBA conference back in October - Came from far far away!
- friend who should have been writing her Kellogg essays...

Sunday - I laid in bed all day and watched crap tv.  It was phenomenal.  A couple of times I thought to myself "I should be writing something..." and then I remembered that I did not have to!  It's sort of like a detox and everyone will go through it if you've applied to this many schools and had to get them in at the same time.  I'm still not fully accustomed to it yet.  You have to realize that for me this has been a hard core ongoing process non-stop since the summer when I thought I was applying to Tuck for the Early Decision round.

Monday - Went to work WITHOUT A BAG which felt amazing!  For the last 6 months or so I have always brought a bag to work with my GMAT books or my laptop so I could write essays or study, but today I did not!  Then I get to work and I'm helping my friend with her HBS essays and she says to me "Don't forget to fax your scholarship information to Tuck."  I said "UM WHAT WHAT?" So she gave me the debrief and sent me the link and yes... apparently... scholarship consideration forms need to be faxed to Tuck by the 12th!  Thankfully she's applying there too because I would not have remembered to do this and would have been SOL.

I looked at the information that they are asking for and it seemed pretty standard.  Income... taxes... blah blah.. then it said 500 word essay.  ::sigh:: I hung my head down in shame.  Now this essay is pretty easy relative to the other ones I've had to write recently so it shouldn't be that tedious, but it's just like really?  Another essay?


 Please write a short biographical essay, no longer than 500 words, telling us about
yourself. Noteworthy topics may include:
• Undergraduate degree and honors or awards
• Extracurricular activities (volunteer, leadership, sports, etc.)
• Work experience

So to that end... I'm going to brainstorm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by