Friday, January 28, 2011

Rejected from Business School...

I dread saying those words...but...it IS  a possibility!


Today was a tough day!  I was being a Negative Nancy all day.  You know those days where you are just in a funky mood?  Well for me that was today!  I was thinking about b-school, of course, and potential outcomes.  It's interesting that while you are doing the applications you try to make everything perfect and set yourself up to get accepted.  All the while you're also trying to be realistic because you know the competition that you're up against. 

Nonetheless you remain hopeful and keep pressing on.  For me I felt the most confident right when I submitted my applications.  I was like YEAH MAN my applications are phenomenal and for a day or two I thought I would get into every school.  It may have just been a function of working so hard and thinking that no one would be rejected after going through that.  How I was feeling then is 100% different from what I am feeling now.  Everyone is telling each other to stay positive and don't speak negatively, but it has recently hit me.  What is IT?  It is the possibility that I may not get into a business school. 

When I say this to my friends they're like "no shut up... you're going to get in....  you submitted a great application etc etc."  Now 2 days after I pressed submit I would have agreed with them, but now... I don't think it's rare for this thought to enter people's heads.  Now I have not lost hope at all.  Don't get me wrong... but... like I told my friend today "Look at this objectively and not as my supportive friend."  There is a chance that I may not be accepted to any school.  Then what?  The waiting is the worst because you hear about people and their profiles who applied R1 being rejected and you think "what the hell?"

Luckily I now can ask people who have been through this if this thought process is normal.  All of whom said yes.  The waiting does something to you because you start to dwell on the weaknesses in your application.  I guess for me and everyone else who applied R2 will find out in a couple of weeks.  Actually I guess it'll be in the next week or two because interview invites are coming out.  


Only time will tell... I'm going back to drinking my wine now.  Just needed to vent a bit.  B-schools are so fickle and I hope that one understands the application I submitted and says "We need to have him here!"  So hopefully I do turn out to be one of the 3638 Applicants revealed in my quantifying business school chances post.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by