Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stalking Email for Interview Invites

Exactly 365 days ago, January 27th 2010, I had my first Manhattan GMAT Prep class.  Boooy do I wish I knew then what I do now about this whole process!  I find it kind of ironic that on the day when I "officially" started this process a year ago.... Interview Invites for those who applied to Michigan Ross R2 started going out today.  That means that IT'S OFFICIALLY MY TURN.  Hopefully it turns out for the best, but at least I'll know one way or the other how chips are going to fall.  I do have a Plan B so I'm content now.



Even though I'm content now... as you guys know I live out of GMAIL.  It's on all day.  Today I didn't go to work because we have another friggen snow storm!  But even on a regular day I keep GMAIL open.  Let me tell you what not to do when you've applied to business schools.

Do Not Keep Refreshing Your Email!  - Funny that I say that even though I do it.  If you do not want to make yourself crazy then check your email in the morning and then again at night at most!  Do not live out of your email like I do and some of my friends do.  Sure you want to be on gchat, but still.. no it's not worth it and here's why.  Every time you get an email, no matter who it's from, your heart will jump.  Then.. god forbid you get an email from a business school, your heart will race 100 times faster than if it was just a random email.  And for that split second you think to yourself "Could it be?" and then you read the Subject line and you realize it's something totally not related to your application.  Usually about something the Dean of the school said or some new class that was just offered.  Stuff that two months ago you may have been interested in but now you're only interested in one thing.

It's even funnier when you get an email from a school that you didn't even apply too and your heart still jumps, races, and does flips.  I got this email today from Columbia:


and nearly died.  Then I realized wait - I DIDN'T EVEN APPLY TO COLUMBIA!?  Maybe I'm just overreacting, but I'm just being real in what occurs.

Then my friend called me and said, "My friend just said that someone in the admissions office as Ross just tweeted saying that the first wave of invites would finish going out by COB (close of business) today and then would continue to trickle out."  This put me somewhat at ease because I now know that if I don't get an invite today it doesn't mean that I won't be invited at all.  Just means that I'll have to wait a bit.  No big deal right?  Nope... but you better believe that I just started following that Ross representative on Twitter lmao!  I know I'm a mess!  But at this point we all are.  

How many people out there have just randomly checked their spam folders on gmail?  If you're anything like me, you have NEVER checked that spam folder because up until this point you've always received the emails that you were meant to receive and the ones you did not care for were filtered out right?  So why is it that all of a sudden we think that Google has failed us and we feel the need to check our spam folders?  I find that comical, but hey... WHAT IF IT DID GO INTO THE SPAM FOLDER?  Then what?  Needless to say, I will be checking my Spam folder more frequently.

Oh and this just doesn't just occur on the computer.  These DAMN Smartphones and their email syncing and vibrating is making me go crazy too!  I could be in the middle of saving someone from a fire and if my phone vibrates signifying an email, that person may just have to wait!  Every single time my phone vibrates I just HAVE to check the email.  Granted I have three email accounts that are synced with my phone so the chances of the "next" email being the one that I've been anticipating is slim to none, but when in this situation no one thinks realistically.

So on that note.... I have 3 new emails and I must go check them....  adios!  I know.. I'm not sane!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by