Monday, January 24, 2011

Super Saturday on the Horizon

I am back from my relaxing weekend getaway in Fort Lauderdale! I went from 80 degree weather to 6 degree weather :-(  and now it's back to obsessing over business school.  In all honesty I'm not obsessing as much as I was last week and I imagine this will continue until I hear about or my friends hear about Super Saturday.

What is Super Saturday?  On February 12th, Consortium applicants who applied to Michigan have the opportunity to interview at the school should they be invited.  Here is the blurb from the "We've Received Your Application" email that I got from Michigan - "


Consortium Interview Saturday – Ross is hosting a special Consortium candidate-only event on the afternoon of Saturday, February 12th in Ann Arbor.  More details will be included in the interview invitation." 

We (applicants) should be hearing about potential interview invites within the next two weeks.  I don't remember exactly when, but they did say that the invites would be sent out in waves.  So after my nice relaxing weekend it's back to monitoring my email like a hawk.  I still like being in this position better than say... a month ago when I didn't even have time to think about when to go to the bathroom!!

So while a host of R1 decisions will be sent out within the next 14 days, I am thinking about potential interviews.  I know that for Consortium applicants interviews are not necessary and are at the discretion of each school, but I really hope that I do get interviews at all of the schools that are "curious" to know more about me!  I will feel much better about my chances if that happens.  Not because I believe that an interview is a necessary barrier to entry for the schools I've applied too, but I know my strengths so an interview would serve me well - I HOPE.

This is just one more thing that people think about when going through this process.  I may be using that sentence a lot in the coming weeks because as I've said before, THIS part of the process is something that not many people have insight to.  I really hope that I make it to the next 'step' in this process.  If I do get into a b-school I'm going to be able to share a wealth of knowledge and insight into the process...moreso than I've done thus far - trust that.  HHmmm maybe I'll write a book!  ;-)  Foreshadow much?  Naaahhh not really. Or maybe?  Um no... lol won't have time for all of that!

I'll tell you what I'm trying NOT to do-----think about my essays and wonder if I got everything across that I wanted too.  That would probably give me a major headache, but you can believe that if I get an interview invite I will be going through all of my essays just to refresh my memory.  I should actually remind my friends to do that!  I have a friend who got an interview invite from Chicago as well as Columbia.  And then another one who just got an invite to Kellogg (yeah they interview everyone).

In addition to reminding my friends to go through their essays again... I need to check to make sure that my suit still fits!  I think I've gained weight since I last wore my nice one and that would be a shame!

On that note... I'm going to do some random internet browsing before bed.  Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by