Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Seeking Post-Submission Motivation

Applications are in... GREAT!  Now what?  Well from speaking to a lot of my friends the thought process that one goes through is simple.

You spend all of your time from September -> December preparing to submit your applications.  You kind of block out everything else in your life and just go through the motions at work because you're so preoccupied with making sure everything is set for submission.

Then once you hit submit - you and your friends just look around at one another like.. "ok now what?" Things start to get exciting when your friends who applied R1 begin hearing back, but that only lasts so long.  Then you start to get back into the grind at work but it's inevitable that a certain thought begins to creep into your mind.  That thought being "What's My Motivation?"  I found this image that is perfect for what I've seen people experience after hitting submit and from what I hear goes through people's heads after they've sent in their deposits to schools.


To those of us who have had this thought creep into our heads I say this:  Let's not get ahead of ourselves ok?  I know that I definitely need to re-calibrate and I'll bet some others out there need to as well.  No matter how many times my friends tell me (or I tell them) "Oh you'll be fine!" there's really no telling how it's all going to pan out for anyone.  Even my friend is nervous for his NYU decision and he was already admitted to Booth and Columbia.  I keep telling him that he will be A OKAY, but again, nothing is guaranteed.

So who knows... I may not end up in business school next year.  I'm not looking for sympathy or anything like that but just putting that notion in my head JUST IN CASE.  That's why it's important that at work it's important to not get complacent.

I had a rough day at work today so that's why this post is pertinent today.  But yes some re-calibration is definitely in order!  REMEMBER -


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by