Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Coffee at 3am - Deadline Looming

Yes you read the title correctly, I am drinking coffee at 3am!  Deadlines are looming and I already have one friend who potentially missed his/her deadline!  He/She will be fine though because like me, she also has a TEAM, or a WELL OILED MACHINE behind him/her!

So what am I doing awake at this hour?  Well, editing my essays of course!  I have finally completed ALL of them and now it's really time to fine tune!  As I mentioned previously, I have a Well Oiled Machine behind me so I feel confident that when I hit the submit button... I will have submitted my best applications!  As long as I stick to my MO and trust in the way that I operate.

Yes, tonight I will be pulling an all nighter.  I haven't been able to sleep the past couple of nights anyway because my brain just races with all of the things that I need to get done (note to self - put Transcripts in bag for tomorrow), so I might as well be productive right?  I have one more full day of this process and then I'm essentially done, aside from potentially some interviews.

So yeah... this all nighter.  In college I used to pull them all the time.  I've learned over the years that it's easier for me to get through the next day if I haven't gotten any sleep than if I've only gotten 2 hours of sleep.  I do not mind surviving on coffee tomorrow.  Some people may think that I'm crazy and to that I say "A.) I know... B.) Thanks...C.) ::shrug::"  I've put so much time and energy into this process that I don't mind staying awake to make sure that everything is perfect.

Right now I am simply trying to hedge against saying on Thursday, the day after I hit submit, "I wish I would have read through those essays one more time."  or "I wish I would have triple checked my resume."  When I hit submit I want to say to myself "Great job Richard... AND TEAM RICHARD"... It's finally over... now...  ::looks around::  where's a shot?!  

Now... it's back to essays.  Oh btw.. yes I'm home so you can throw that "I'm not going to write long blog posts at home" idea out the window.  I needed a break from reading essays... so this is my break.  Plus...last year at this time this is the part of the process I really wanted to learn about and see someone else go through.  So consider this to be me paying it forward.  WISH ME LUCK!

"The successful person makes a habit of doing what the failing person doesn't do." 
Thomas Edison

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by