Monday, January 18, 2010

Drawing a blank tonight...

So I'm becoming increasingly more excited about my GMAT class... does that make me a geek?  It begins next week, but a couple of things have transpired since my last post.

Last night I had a call with a Dartmouth Tuck Alumni whose background practically mirrored mine.  On the Dartmouth website there's a section where you enter your information, and what you would like to be involved in @ Tuck.  Then they send an email to someone who has a similar background...look at the great job they did.

Me - Undergraduate Degree = Economics
Him - Undergraduate Degree = Economics

Me - currently working for a major retailer's .com
Him - currently working for a retail retailer's .com

Me - I want to be a part of the LGBT club wherever I go
Him - He was part of the LGBT club @ Tuck

Me - previously worked for a digital marketing agency
Him - previously worked for a digital marketing agency

anyway you get the idea...I spoke to him for about an hour and he was very insightful.  The key takeaway was that Dartmouth is like (...I can use Like here because I'm comparing two things) Cheers - everyone knows your name.  He said that he didn't have a problem being out at school, which anyone who knows me knows that's important.  I cannot go back to the days where I'm scared to raise my hand or give a presentation being worried about what people are going to be thinking of me.

If anyone has encountered anyone that has graduated from Tuck, you may remember how adamant they are about their alma mater.  This has left a huge impression on me.  To hear nearly everyone speak highly of their school is refreshing...  Definitely don't hear that from Rutgers graduates... (...graduates is the noun at the end of the sentence... not Rutgers... Rutgers is the adjective describing graduates).

Anyway, he reitterated my wish to go up to the school and visit, so I plan on doing that mid March.  I know I'll have the opportunity in November for the Dartmouth Tuck diversity conference, but I want to experience the school outside of a "prospectives" bubble.  Anyone want to go with me?

As you may remember... I finished the PowerScore SC book last week.  Since then I have just been reviewing my notecards...  Tonight I attended an MBAmission webinar.  This was just basic information about applying to business school.  I didn't learn anything new, but it was good to keep my mind in the MBA mindset for the night...

An hour after the webinar ended, I cracked open the MGMAT Geometry book.  I wanted to add some notecards to my deck regarding formulas...and most importantly Triangle properties...  did you know that if you split an equilateral triangle in half, you get two 30-60-90 triangles?  If you wanted to figure out the area of that equilateral triangle it would be ((S^2)*(3^1/2))/4?  I didn't know that either.. but now I do!

I'm going to go through my notecards once again tonight... and then watch "The American Ruling Class" on Hulu.

Notecard Count = 93 (notecard count was 80... so I added 15 from tonight which is a 18.75% notecard increase)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by