Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Am Changing - Jennifer Hudson (Effie)

So the title of this blog lends itself (...itself is a reflexive pronoun and its antecedent is the noun blog) to the song that I'm listening to right now, which is I Am Changing by Jennifer Hudson (Dreamgirls Soundtrack).  

The reason I say I am changing is because I have begun seeing the difference in the following:

MY SPEECH - when speaking in certain contexts, I'm beginning to analyze if I'm speaking properly.  Now don't jump down my throat and say "well you don't type correctly" well just remember that I update this blog after a loooong day.  I'm not paying attention to how I type... for me typing correctly and candidly do not go hand in hand...

MY ANALYSIS - it's beginning to occur more frequently (... frequently is an adverb) where I analyze something at work... send it off to my manager and have her come to me to reiterate or rephrase what it was that I was attempting to prove.  Now I realize that this just be my lack of being able to convey what I really mean, but I see myself being able to dive deeper into the numbers and make assumptions and inferences that I had not done previously.

MY STUDY HABITS - this is becoming a big one... as the GMAT nears I'm beginning to take studying more seriously!  It has hit me that next week I have to drop $1000 ($300 deposit was an X-mas gift from my mother - THANKS MOM)  for my MGMAT class.  I realize that with all of the preparation I've done up until now... it would be very STUPID for me to slack off this close to realizing my goal.

MY VERITAS PREP iPhone APP - I downloaded the Veritas Prep iPhone application prior to taking any classes or reading any books.  I would get the easy questions right but would only stick to Quant - which I knew I could do.  When tackling the Sentence Correction questions, I would go by what sounded correct.  This is not a strategy to be used on the GMAT because we don't use formal english when speaking...  Today I wanted to see if I had learned anything and I got all of the hard SC questions correct.  This surprised me... it's very odd reading these questions now and realizing what the problem is with the sentence before even reading the answer choices..

A couple of times, I couldn't get past the errors because I was trying to correct it in my brain first... this slowed me down but shows that I've come a loooong way...

I'm very proud of myself for this...  Studying for 2 hours a night is definitely much easier than trying to cram on the weekends...  I hope my preparation pays off!

Tonight I began going through the PowerScore Critical Reasoning guide... this one is not as intense as the Sentence Correct guide, where there are a ton of grammar rules to memorize.

I went through my notecards tonight and removed about 60% of them, because I get the answers right 100% of the time...  I want to focus on the ones that I'm having trouble memorizing because they're newer.  Then I'll go back and go through them all...

Until next time folks!

Notecard Count = 117 (notecard count was 93... so I added 24 from tonight which is a 25.6% notecard increase)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by