Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Patron... YES PLEASE! Oh Wait...(read on)

So the title of this post has some intrinsic value because it succinctly illustrates my state of mind for the last couple of years.  I'll just hop right into it and then tell you about my day!  It was very good!

I just finished studying for the night.  2 Hours WOOP WOOP.  I'm still progressing through this PowerScore Sentence Correction Bible and got through a couple more chapters tonight.  As I stated yesterday, I started with the previous chapter Who vs. Whom (you didn't think I would do it did ya?)... cut to Adjectives versus Adverbs...

I'm reading the beginning of this practice problem and I read the first word = Patrons, and IMMEDIATELY thought (...immediately - adverb b/c it's modifying thought which is a verb) of the lovely tequila that is Patron!!  Now going further you'll see why that was comical to me...the first sentence of the question was as follows:

Patrons reported that they would visit the restaurant more...

I can sense that no one is laughing but it was funny to me.  The rest of my day went quite well.  I found out that I received an A in my Algebra Review class!  I know some people will think, WELL DUH IT'S JUST ALGEBRA...  but let me remind you of the complexity of Algebra -

...sure you know A^2+B^2=C^2 and we all remember that (1/2)BH= Area of a Triangle... BUT... tell me if you can solve the following problem WITHOUT A CALCULATOR and UNDER 2 MINUTES AND 30 SECONDS:

A rectangle is 8 ft. long and 6 ft wide.  If each dimension is increased by the same number of feet, a new rectangle is formed whose area exceeds the area of the original rectangle by 72 sq. ft.  Find the dimensions of the new rectangle. 

Welcome to Algebra that I learned over 10 years ago!

**if you don't know what the carrots meant above then this blog is not for you and get outta here!!  NO NO I KID I KID, PLEASE... STAY... HAVE A SHOT OF PATRON!

So anyway... let's talk about Business School a little bit.  As you'll see I've added a POLL on the right-hand side of the page.  I would love to see where people think I should go to Business School.  I mean I'm not going to listen to anyone unless they match my priorities (which I will not reveal until later).

As many of my friends know, I'm very excited to be embarking upon this journey.  I've done so much research up until now that I wish I was enrolled already.  I'm currently planning on applying later this year for the 2011 Fall semester.  It definitely seems like a long time away, and it is, but the preparation needed for me to get into the top schools, warrants this much time.  It will go by so quickly so I'm not worried about it.  I'm young! It's 3 years that will positively impact the rest of my life.

To be honest... I've run out of things for today...  so I won't elongate (...verb) this post any more.  Hopefully I'll make it to the gym tomorrow night and then Thursday night I pay for my MGMAT class and attend an information session.   I will update everyone on how those go - is it weird that I'm excited to start another class?  a 3 hour class, once a week, at that!

Until next time...

Notecard Count = 53 (yesterday's was 47... so I added 6 from tonight which is a 12% notecard increase)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by