Sunday, January 3, 2010

IS THIS THE BEGINNING?

well for anyone who thinks that today is the day that I'm REALLY beginning this process... you're mistaken. I mean really?!? you think that I've thought about going to b-school for 4 days? let me get you caught up right quick...Thus Far I Have:

... decided that I need to get my MBA (i mean duh right?)

... enrolled in the Digital Media Marketing Certificate Program at NYU School of Continuing and Professional Studies (NYU SCPS)

... completed 3/5 aka .6 (lol getting in the GMAT frame of mind with fractions and decimals...) NYU SCPS classes: Introduction to Email Marketing, Introduction to Interactive Marketing, and Analyzing Consumer Behavior

... enrolled and completed Algebra Review also at NYU SCPS - it's amazing how much mundane things you forget... whatchu know about 30/60/90 triangles?

... become an active member of www.BeatTheGMAT.com message board = PHENOMENAL RESOURCE, even for those who have already taken the GMAT

... attended 3 MBA conferences/information sessions at various hotels around NYC... met some great people that I still keep in contact with!

... attended a Harvard/Columbia/Kellogg information session at Credit Suisse

... attended the NYU Stern LGBT Reception and the NYU Stern Marketing Conference (for prospectives)

... attended the Dartmouth Tuck information session at the Yale club... saw a celebrity in the elevator too on the way out but his name has slipped my mind!

... listened to over 100 MBA/Business school podcasts - mainly from MBA podcaster on itunes. I try to listen to one of these a night as I go to sleep... I've also made my mother listen to them while we were driving back form Myrtle Beach in the car. Hey! I needed to get my fix in! She didn't care and now she knows what Data Sufficiency is!

... read over 7 MBA/Business school books

... attended three information sessions at the Manhattan GMAT offices in Chelsea even though I haven't enrolled in the 9 week course yet - hey they were free so what's that saying? "If it's free... I'll take three!" yup I sure did take three

... ordered Powerscore Sentence Correction & Critical Reasoning Bible

... applied to attend the Dartmouth Tuck Diversity Conference but wasn't accepted because preference is given to those who are applying this year.

... last but not least I have organized all of my notes from the podcasts that I've listened too, books that I've read, and conferences/information sessions that I've attended and put them into a notebook! Yes boys and girls... I can be organized when I want to be! NOW IF I COULD ONLY FIND WHERE I PUT THAT DAMN NOTEBOOK - YOU GUYS HAVE SEEN MY ROOM HAHAHA.. A MESS!

That about sums up my journey for 2009! Like Usher said you're "CAUGHT UP" Congratulations...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by