Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blog Post Quality = #FAIL

Some very kind person was nice enough to leave this comment on my wall not too long ago.  When I read it I was on the bus on the way to see my tutor, so I couldn't respond to the post as quickly as I would have liked too.


To whomever this user is, please don't be "sorry" to say it.  If that's what you feel no need to preface with an apology because the "sorry" doesn't lighten the blow of you saying the quality of my blog posts seems to be declining.

But in full disclosure... I'm going to agree with you.  I mean CLEARLY the blog posts are not as full and lengthy as a couple months ago.  I will give you that much.

The real question that should be asked is "Why is the quality of your blog posts declining?"

The answer there is... How can I possibly justify spending an hour to two hours writing a blog post when I have so much to accomplish in order to hit the submit button on my application?  Also... my GMAT is on the 20th.  So do I spend an hour or two writing a post or study?  Cost/Benefit analysis says study.

The truth of the matter is for me.. and many applicants out there trying to get everything done for Round 2 Consortium Deadline, there is nothing glamorous about the last couple of weeks in December and I'm not going to pretend like it is.

Everyone has heard me complain about the GMAT, Essays, finding Recommenders etc etc.  To tell the truth I'm actually tired of writing about it.  And you know what?  That's the life that I'm living right now - my reality, which is the whole reason for my blog.  If one has followed the cadence of my excitement from the beginning of my blog, he/she would understand.

Yes it's fun researching schools... visiting schools..... talking to current students... establishing new friendships prior to business school.  That's all well and good, but then you get to a point where you are simply over it all.  That's where I am now and it is reflected in my posts - and that works for me.  The quality of my life has declined this month so it's natural that the quality of my blog posts will decline.

But don't fret - Just give me a week until after I take the GMAT and I will back to blogging with more conviction.  But right now... yeah... for the next week...  you'll have to be fine with the posts I do make.

With that being said, thank you for your comment and for reading my blog.  Contrary to popular belief, because I did consult some people and ask "What did this person mean by this?", I hope I did not offend you.

Over and Out!

PS - These types of "venting" posts only take me 15 minutes to write,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by