Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Best B-School Essay Analyses

Ok so I will admit that I have been abandoned my BeatTheGMAT family for the time being.  Don't take offense though because I've abandon practically everyone/thing recently.  Only a couple of more days to go though.  But...2 days ago I was perusing through my Google Reader and saw a link that had the name of a school that I'm applying to in it regarding essays.  Since I'm in the midst of essays right now I was curious to see what it was all about.  It was in fact a video from the Beat The GMAT youtube channel from a couple months ago.

So I clicked on the video and noticed that it was just shy of an hour long.  This was interesting and is VERY rare.  So then I was watching the video and Eric (Founder of BTG) said that the person who was going to be talking used to work in admissions at the school to be discussed but now works at ClearAdmit.  So then this really piqued my interest!  I must admit that I didn't think that the video would offer any information that I hadn't heard before but BOY WAS I WRONG?!?

The beginning of the video maybe 20-30 minutes was dedicated to breaking down each essay question and what that particular school is looking for.  Then the next segment (about 20 minutes) was dedicated to a Q&A session.  Both of these sessions were invaluable.  Upon finishing the video I emailed Eric and David at BTG and asked them A.) how I missed those video series and B.) how great the video was.  I then told them how it made me nervous about my application.  So then I emailed my consultant at Veritas to follow up with some questions that I had that were mentioned in the video.

In any event, I urge anyone applying to any of the schools below to watch the videos.  They are incredible and I wish I found out about them sooner.  Better late than never I suppose:

HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL ESSAY ANALYSIS

WHARTON ESSAY ANALYSIS

CHICAGO BOOTH ESSAY ANALYSIS

MIT SLOAN ESSAY ANALYSIS

STANFORD GSB ESSAY ANALYSIS

COLUMBIA ESSAY ANALYSIS

KELLOGG ESSAY ANALYSIS

UC BERKELEY HAAS ESSAY ANALYSIS

TUCK ESSAY ANALYSIS

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by