Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Business School Essay Monster!

So my pity party is officiall over!  It actually only lasted a day but last night I was too busy working on essays to update my blog.  I’m still semi embarassed by my new score, so even though I claim to disclose everything on my blog, I am not ready to disclose my score just yet.  But like I said on Monday, I did receive my highest Quant score ever, so that’s a plus.  

Meanwhile back at the ranch, now I’m in a position that I never thought I would be in.  Do I take the GMAT a fourth time, knowing that I can get a higher score or do I submit my best essays and leave it at that?  Do I think I could score higher?  Definitely, without a doubt, but the thing about the GMAT is that you need to “show up” on the day that you take it.  My highest Quant score was this past monday and my highest Verbal score was  in October when I took it.  Had I matched my verbal score this time around, I would be content, because I would have gotten at least a 650.  

But honestly, I’m not going to dwell on it now.  Actually, that’s a big fat lie because anyone in my position knows that now my brain is racing trying to contact everyone possible to determine whether or not to take it for an uncoveted 4th time.  I know that it’s frowned upon to take it again, but when you hear from X,Y, and Z person that you should take it again, you start to believe it.  In any event, I’m not allowing myself to think about the GMAT until after I’ve submitted my applications.

So that’s where I am now.  I am an essay monster right now!  Last night I was arguing with Osirus (yes B, I called you out) over what I should do regarding the GMAT, and then we got into the topic of essays.  I sent him the video to the first version of my Tuck video essay and he gave me some feedback.  I actually have two versions of this video because I wasn’t sure which direction I wanted to take it.  He gave me feedback and said that he would have liked to see/hear more of my come through in the video and it triggered something in my head.  We had this discussion at 3am, and when he said that I started working on the video again until 4am.  Anyone who knows me knows that my best work is done between the hours of 12am and 3am.  Maybe that’s when I should have studied for the GMAT.

Productivity during those hours has always been at it’s best for me ever since high school.  I can’t explain it, nor do I try to explain it any more it’s just me!  But yeah so I worked on my essay for about an hour and got it to where I think it needs to be.  Had I not been arguing with him, I would have not gotten to the point where he made the comment he made so everything happens for a reason right?

Aside from that video essay, I’ve also almost completed two of my Consortium Essay questions.  I sent them off to my reviewers and went through a couple of rounds.  I have a friend who loves to look over my essays, oddly enough, and I love sending them to her haha.  Once I edit the essays after talking to her, I send the essay off to my other reviewer - aka my veritas consultant (from the package I won last February via BeatTheGMAT). I sent two essays to her today and got feedback on both.  I’m waiting on feedback on one of my other essays from my friend who got into Chicago as well.  He understands my story and what I’m trying to portray with this specific essay so who better to have review it for me?

So right now I’m solely focused on my essays. I have bits and pieces of essays done because I’ve worked on them previously, so now it’s actually relieving to be able to work on them hard core.  Knowing that I’ll be hitting submit in less than 2 weeks!  I cannot wait - granted I don’t know what’s going to occur post submission, but to be able to hit submit will feel sooooooo good!

Typing Fast


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by