Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Guess Who I Saw Today!

No really... Guess who I saw?  So today I was in the line at Ranch One, an incredible fast foot joint, on the East Side of Manhattan.  I ordered my usual number 5, which is chicken tenders and fries and a large pink lemonade with no ice.  I never get ice because it takes up space and the liquid is already cold.

After I ordered, I looked to my left and saw someone who looked very familiar!  I stared at him and kept saying in my head "Where do I know him from?  Where do I know him from?"  Then it hit me...  When I visited Tuck back in March, he was interviewing that day so when we had lunch with a student, he was at my table.  I remember speaking to him because when we went around the table and said where we were from we were two of three people from NYC.

After I got my food, I went over to where he was sitting and walked by him to get another glance to make sure it was him.  I knew for sure that it was, so I said "excuse me, did you apply to Tuck last year?"  He looked perplexed and said yeah.  Then I was like "yeah I thought so, I think you had your interview when I was just visiting... we were at the same table at lunch."  Then the look on his face was just of one like "how the hell did you remember that?"

Anyway, I asked him if he had any luck last year "Thinking that maybe he goes to Columbia or NYU" and he said that he didn't.  So naturally I asked if he was reapplying this year and he said that he was.  Last year he applied to a bunch of top schools and was waitlisted at two of them.  He got ultimately got into one of them Round 4.  From our conversation it sounded as though he applied to a lot of schools R4, and by a lot I mean 2.  In any event, we talked for about 7/8 minutes and then I said that I would let him get back to his lunch.

At one, point I said to him "I envy you for weathering this process again!" to which he just laughed and said "well.... " and then I realized that yeah in a perfect world he wouldn't have have to go through it again.  But I suppose whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.  I forgot to give him my business card so that we could stay in touch, but maybe I'll run into him again at some event in the near future.

To that end, I've completed my two posts for the night... I got a lot accomplished in terms of my to do lists, now it's off to bed.

Richard - Over and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by