Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Essays are a funny thing

Here is where I spent most of my day today...laying on the floor in front of the fire doing work (for work) as well as working on essays (for the very reason you came to this blog).



I was able to finish an essay draft earlier today / late last night... and then I began working on another essay and got totally stumped.  It's a 250 word essay that is identical to a 300 word essay for another school.  When I say identical wording I mean 100%, so if you do your research of the schools I'm applying too you'll know which one I'm referring too.  Ok fine it's Haas and Michigan.  Both have What is your passion essays.  One would think that this would be an easy task.  Just write a 300 word essay for Michigan and then use that and then cut it down to 250 words for Haas.  Nope sorry .. no such luck.  

For one of Michigan, the topic I'm going to use was already used in another essay and I am not willing to change it.  Luckily, the Michigan essay gives the option of talking about your passion or writing about teaching your classmates, so I'm going to write about that one plus it goes with my story quite well, if I may say so myself!  So while I was stuck on how to convey my passion for my Haas essay... 2 hours later of writing and re-writing... I decided to pour a glass of wine and just come back to that one.  So I worked on the Michigan essay question and wrote 450 words in 35 minutes.  Now I'm not saying that it's the final draft and is ready to be sent to the printer, but considering it's a 300 word essay, I think I got all of my ideas out of my head.  I always write more than I should and then go back and consolidate and cut things out and merge and purge and all that jazz.  It's easier for me and I make sure that I say everything that I want to.

So... with that being said I officially have 2 more essays to go.  This last Haas essay which will be done in about an hour and then the one essay I've been putting off and off and off.  But the good news is that it will be done before New Years.

Ok this break was long enough and I must go back to writing these essays and then send them off to a myriad of folks aka Team Richard!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by