Sunday, December 12, 2010

What is your plan B?

My mom picked me up from the bus stop yesterday and I was talking about this business school process of course, and she said "What if you don't get in to any schools?  What's your plan b?"

I'll be honest, my heart sank and I immediately said "There is no plan b."  She responded,"There should always be a plan b." I said "I don't have time to think about a plan b."  But the short conversation got me thinking...  What if I don't get in to a school?  Am I overestimating the quality of all of the other applicants?    Am I too confident in thinking that what I am doing is actually going to work?  If I have done as much as I have up until now, what in the world could I do differently?  These are all of the questions going through my head now.

I was venting to one of my friends I made at the NYU diversity conference about this and he said "that's why we apply to so many schools."  I told him, "I'm only applying to 5."  He applied to I think 10, so this week is a HUGE week for him.  I think he finds out about LBS and Chicago and he also finds out if he's to be interviewed for a couple other schools.  He reassured me that everything will be fine, but now I can't help but think.... "What's your plan-b Richard?"  What are you going to do should you not be admitted to any school?

He's going through what I dread going through in a couple of months.  Your whole life can change with 1 phone call or with the receipt of a rejection email.  That's gotta be tough to swallow.  He said he's surviving because of Xanax, so I think I'm going to have to find a doctor to prescribe me some for that month.  I also think I'm going to take a vacation that week so that I'm somewhere warm with a lot of alcohol!

But you know what?  I'm not going to dwell on that right now.  The only thing I can do is make my application the best that it can be so that I have the best chances to be admitted!  According to my Horoscope next year is going to be a pivotal one for me!  So that's what I'm going to do and keep pounding the pavement!

The End Is Near!  RBB

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by